It is now Wed, 14 Nov 2018, 21:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: On-line courses in sustainable living
PostPosted: Sat, 08 May 2010, 12:07 

We have received the following from an American organisation called "Post Peak Living"

John
---------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Transition Horsham.
First off, I'd like to thank you for what you're doing in your community by starting a Transition Initiative! I know I'm preaching to the choir when I point out that community is going to make all the difference for our collective future.

I'm emailing to see if you are interested in receiving a periodic email from us (http://www.PostPeakLiving.com) letting you know what we're up to and how it might support what you are doing in your community.

Here is an example of the last newsletter we sent out:

http://postpeakliving.com/newsletter/2010-04-07

Right now our courses focus on supporting personal and family preparation. The courses are led by instructors who are experts in their field and I would say about a third of our course participants are from Transition Initiatives. People have attended our courses from eight different countries so far.

Here is the course schedule for the next few months:

May 8 — Introduction to Sustainable Gardening
Gardening without fossil fuels and limited water can be easy once you know how.
Instructor: Cathé Fish, Permaculturist

July 10 — Navigating the Coming Chaos of Unprecedented Transitions — New
Until now it's been difficult to find emotional support for the future quickly coming at us. In this course Dr. Baker gives people an opportunity to free themselves of constricting expectations and create a new purpose for themselves and their family in a post-peak world.
Instructor: Carolyn Baker, Ph.D.

July 24 — The UnCrash Course eLearning Edition — New
A comprehensive six-week course that will get you prepared in the following areas: transportation, health, finances and shelter, food production and storage and post-peak skills. An excellent way to quickly prepare in all the key areas. Participants attend each class of the eLearning version on their own time while conversing on the online forum as they do the homework. The instructors participate in the forums.
Instructors: André Angelantoni, President, Post Peak Living, Primary Curriculum Designer and Jason Bradford, Organic Farmer and Founder of Willits Economic Relocalization

In Development — Health in a Post-Peak World
How will you stay healthy in a post-peak world? What lifestyle changes can you make now to ready yourself and your family for this future? Where do alternative treatments make the most difference?
Instructor: Dr. Myrto Ashe

We have many more courses coming up but I also would like to hear your thoughts on what we can offer in the future that would support your community's transition. If you know that now, please feel free to email back (and don't forget to let me know if you want to receive our newsletter). If not, no worries, email me when you know.

See our full course list here:
http://www.postpeakliving.com/courses

Best regards,
André