It is now Wed, 14 Nov 2018, 21:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: CC ActionGroup toolkit & PsychologyOfSustainainableBehaviour
PostPosted: Tue, 15 Dec 2009, 17:06 
TH member

Those on the Greening Horsham mailing will have seen the following communication from COIN:
---------------
I'm writing to you regarding the newly published COIN Climate Action Group toolkit which provides all the information you need to set up and support Climate Action Groups in your local area. Climate Action Groups are groups of people who come together to take decisive action on a climate change issue of their choice over a six-month period. The toolkit includes:

• How to plan, publicise and get the best out of your Matchmaker (the event that creates and launches the Climate Action Groups)
• A step-by-step guide to facilitating the Matchmaker and final evaluation event
• A guide for Climate Action Group Convenors who coordinate each resulting group including tips on how to chair meetings and how to keep the momentum going.
• An appendices section including sample publicity materials and action plans.

In addition to the toolkit, COIN is offering free support and advice to those who want to set up Climate Action Groups including facilitation of the Matchmaker (the event that sets up the groups) and assistance for those looking to obtain funding to support their groups.

We'd be very grateful if you would forward this email on to anyone you think may be interested. To receive a free electronic copy of the toolkit or/and for further information, contact Catrina Pickering, catrina@coinet.org.uk, 01865 403 332.

Best wishes,

Catrina Pickering
Project Manager

Climate Outreach and Information Network (COIN)
Old Music Hall
106-108 Cowley Road
Oxford OX4 1JE

Tel: 01865 403334
Direct tel: 01865 403332

E-mail catrina@COINet.org.uk
http://www.COINet.org.uk

--------------------
I want to draw your attention to a brief guide to the psychology of sustainable behaviour which I have found on the Coinet.org.uk website - see http://www.coinet.org.uk/sites/coinet.org.uk/files/A%20practioner's%20guide%20to%20the%20psychology%20of%20sustainable%20behaviour,%20Oct%2009.pdf

Many will find the guide reflects what they do intuitively. Others, like me, may find it both interesting and potentially useful.

Post subject: Re: CC ActionGroup toolkit & PsychologyOfSustainainableBehaviour
PostPosted: Tue, 15 Dec 2009, 17:47 
Thanks Chris, the toolkit looks like a really useful resource. I certainly think it's important to consider the psychology of change because we need to connect with people who have a very diverse range of motivations. The guide looks like a concise overview which is well-worth reading (have just skimmed through but will read properly!).

Post subject: Re: CC ActionGroup toolkit & PsychologyOfSustainainableBehaviour
PostPosted: Tue, 15 Dec 2009, 18:34 

I've just read the Guide to the psychology of sustainable behaviour - very interesting. It contains a useful, brief summary at the end that lists the key points.