It is now Wed, 14 Nov 2018, 21:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Copy of The Transition Handbook available to be borrowed
PostPosted: Tue, 22 Mar 2011, 19:59 

I am holding Linda Young's spare copy of The Transition Handbook if anyone wants to borrow it.

Image The Transition Handbook: From Oil Dependency to Local Resilience by Rob Hopkins

Post subject: Re: Copy of The Transition Handbook available to be borrowed
PostPosted: Tue, 22 Mar 2011, 23:33 
TH member

Thanks Mark,
I was wondering what had happened to that, may have been useful at Seedy Saturday.....
We've now a few more books in the possession of Paul and Beryl, but ~I forget the titles.
If anyone has a copy of Local Money I'd like to borrow it. We sold the TH copy we had to a guy in Brighton.

PostPosted: Wed, 23 Mar 2011, 10:04 

If anyone else has books - or DVDs - that are available for lending out, then I suggest they start a new topic for each resource. There will then be a clear, forum-level, listing of what is available and a way of tracking where each resource is.

If all topic subjects start with 'Copy of ...' then the Information Resources forum can be sorted by subject (i.e. topic)* to bring them all together so anyone at any time can get an overview of what is available to borrow.

* To do this, click on the 'Information Resources' link in the green-grey/olive bar at the top of the page and then, at the very bottom of the forum listing, select to sort by 'Subject' (and 'Ascending for an A-Z rather than a Z-A listing) and click the 'Go' button.

PostPosted: Wed, 23 Mar 2011, 15:52 
TH member

Complicated?
How about a web page library?
Is it possible to put standing links in to the top of the forum back to say the Main TH homepage to check the events?

PostPosted: Wed, 23 Mar 2011, 16:02 

Complicated? Web page library? Non capisco

Listing resources in the forum means that anyone can do it and anyone can post about any of the resources, and where the resources are at any given time can be easily determined (essentially whether they are waiting to be borrowed, in use by someone, or sitting around unused in someone's possession [overdue loan!]). Of course it does require a certain amount of self-discipline on the part of everyone involved to maintain an accurate record, but then we can't always be just relying on others to know what is going on and do everything for us can we?

re Your third question: Why not post about the events here? In any case, there is a link to the TH home page at top left - 'Transition Horsham home'.

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Mar 2011, 01:05 
TH member

Ha! I didnt know the main page link was there - That's good.

Regarding keeping track of books on this forum yes, if each book has its own thread..... that would simplify things, but they should all be in one place - why cant we have a link to the list of book posts as a separate Library button at the top of the page next to the TH link?

If the books are not separated out from the rest of the posts they'll disappear down the page and get lost / forgotten like 99% of all the other posts. Books are not time sensitive like other posts, they need a "standing page" of their own.

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Mar 2011, 09:32 

Mark Eaton wrote:
If anyone else has books - or DVDs - that are available for lending out, then I suggest they start a new topic for each resource. There will then be a clear, forum-level, listing of what is available and a way of tracking where each resource is.

If all topic subjects start with 'Copy of ...' then the Information Resources forum can be sorted by subject (i.e. topic)* to bring them all together so anyone at any time can get an overview of what is available to borrow.

* To do this, click on the 'Information Resources' link in the green-grey/olive bar at the top of the page and then, at the very bottom of the forum listing, select to sort by 'Subject' (and 'Ascending for an A-Z rather than a Z-A listing) and click the 'Go' button.

Post subject: Re: Copy of The One Straw Revolution
PostPosted: Thu, 24 Mar 2011, 23:02 
TH member

One Straw Revolution is currently in the care of Bilal.

It is a classic and well worth reading for the philosophy and background of so called Natural Farming, which to my mind is the seed of Permaculture. I have the sequel which is more technical and frankly I couldnt understand what it was all on about, but if a braver soul wishes to borrow that, let me know.